Butchers Food Safety Management System (HACCP based) ©
What is in the Pack?
Butchers Food Safety Management System (HACCP based) © offers a completely new approach to HACCP for butchers. It is based on the recognised and trusted Food Standard Agency’s Safer Food Better Business (SFBB) format but reintroduces elements of a more formal documented HACCP system. The industry consultations that have followed the Pennington, and other focus groups, reports have also strongly influenced the packs structure and guidance.
The pack contains:
- 28 new Food Safety Rule sheets covering specific activities and procedures commonly practiced in today’s butchers’ shops – e.g. vacuum packing and over-wrapping, the use of additives and preservatives, sausage making, curing and smoking, preparation, cooking and baking off etc.
- Specific and prescriptive Hazards and Guidance that identify the hazards of cross contamination, poor separation, ineffective cooling, ineffective cleaning etc.
- Highlighted Food Safety Rules requiring critical controls and set limits.
- Prove it records using identity tables and plotting graphs to verify Food Safety Rules and their controls are effective.
- A separate Daily Records booklet with a pre-determined template that includes monitoring of time / temperature, traceability, animal by product log, Opening and Closing checks, an element of exception reporting and a daily management sign off.
- A regular Review and Audit process to ensure Food Safety Rules, critical controls and established limits are in place.
Who is the pack for?
What is in the Pack?
What support is provided with the pack?
What are the benefits of using this pack over other HACCP systems?
Where can I get a pack and how much does it cost?
Is there any help with meeting
Next steps for getting your own Butchers Food Safety Management System (HACCP based) ©.
Contacts and more information
The information in the pack is given after the exercise of all reasonable care and skill in its compilation, preparation and issue, but it is provided without liability in its application and use. Copyright © SFBB Systems Ltd July 2010. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, adapted or transmitted in part or in whole in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the copyright holders.